You have landed at the submission manager for Awards and Regional Events sponsored by the College Book Art Association.
***CBAA is now accepting applications for 2023 Member Support Grants!
Please read the eligibility rules for each opportunity carefully, since there are restrictions for individual entries. If you apply but do not meet the requirements, your submission will be ineligible.
You are not always required to be a member of the College Book Art Association to apply for these opportunities, though we always welcome new members! Join here. Current and new CBAA members may receive a discount on applicable fees.
If you have questions about the submission process:
for Awards contact:
Chair, CBAA Awards Committee
for Regional Events contact:
Vice Chair for Programs
CBAA Member Support Grant
CBAA Member Support Grants provide members with financial assistance in support of studio practice, ongoing research, and creative projects. Proposals are reviewed by the CBAA Awards Committee. Grants are awarded in amounts up to $500 from the CBAA Board Fund and other CBAA funds. These awards are intended to help support studio and research practice with modest extra funding allowing for progress to continue or projects to be completed. Special consideration given to applications describing extenuating circumstances that impact current need. Possible grant assistance proposals may include, but are not limited to, costs associated with:
- studio space/access
- studio supplies (paper, type, ink, plates, cloth, board, etc.)
- studio equipment (purchase or rental)
- production costs (film or plate production, copy services, binding, etc.)
- software or hardware required (design software, scanner, printer, etc.)
- travel for research (airfare, lodging, local transportation)
- travel for a collaborator to work in person
- scholarly research (article access, translation fees, postage)
Applications will be accepted through January 31, 2023.
With the exception of current members of the Board of Directors and Awards Committee, all members of CBAA are eligible to apply for Conference Travel Assistance Grants. Member categories:
- Regular (includes members of Institutional bundles, Patron, and Sustaining members)
The only way to submit Travel Grant proposals is via Submittable. The Deadline for submission is January 31, 2023.
Please gather the following materials and information in order to submit:
- Statement of Need: In no more than one page, state why this funding is critical to your practice.
Include a budget for how the funds will be used.
- Evidence of Practice: Please upload an abbreviated CV and any additional supporting materials.
Applicants will be notified of grant status in early March, 2023.
The CBAA Board of Directors is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusivity, and Transparency. We are actively working to establish sustainable anti-racist initiatives that will hold space for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) and other marginalized voices in our organization and our field. We recognize that this process will be ongoing, and we welcome feedback as we do our best to move forward sustainably. Please contact email@example.com with any suggestions or requests for additional information.